Labels

A. Gaudí Adjusting Africa Airports Alberobello Amalfi Coast Ancient Greece Ancient Rome April Arienzo Auschwitz-Birkenau Baia Barcelona Baseball Basilica Cistern Beach Belgium Birthday Blue Mosque Boats Brussels Bucharest Burano CA Calcio Capua Car Horns Carney Park Caserta Casertavecchia Castellabate Castles Cathedral cats Change Christmas Coaching Coffee Community Concentration Camp Cooking Cortona Croatia Crypt Culture Shock Cuma D.C Driving Dublin Duomo Edinburgh Ercolano Fall Family Fan Mail Fasano Fashion Festivals Firenze Fireworks Food France Frustration G.Nome Gaeta Germany Gladiators Goals GPS Grand Bazaar Guest Writer Gym Halloween Hiking Holidays Home House House-hunting Ikea International Travel Ireland Ischia Istanbul Italian Italian Culture Italian History Italian Men Jet lag Job Search Krakow La Sagrada Familia Language Laundry Le Piume Nere Lisbon Lizards Madrid Marathon Marcianise Markets Martina Franca Matera Milestone Minions Moltocino Mondragone Monte Di Procida Montella Montepulciano Mount Vesuvio Moving Murano Museums Naples New Years NPS OCONE Opera Orvieto Ostuni Outside the Wire Parc Güell Paris Pasta Pieza Pizza Poland Portugal Positano Power Outage Pozzo di S. Patrizio Protest Ramblings RAVI Resolutions Romania Rome Rota Royal Palace Running Rynek Museum San Carlo Theater Santa Maria di Leuca Schindler's Factory Scotland Seasons Ships Shoes Shopping Siena Sightseeing Signore Gatto Soccer Solopaca Sorrento Spain Spice Market Spring Strikes Stuttgart TDY Thanksgiving TLA Trains Trieste Trulli TSA Tübingen Turkey Tuscany Uffizi Updates VA VBS Vietri sul Mare Visitors Walking Tour Warrior Dash Whatisit? Whirling Dervishes Wine Work Zagreb Zoosafari Zumba

Saturday, October 29, 2011

"Sorry- I had a lizard situation"

Yeah, I realize that sounds ridiculous but the kids got a laugh out of it as their coach ran onto the field just a few minutes before game time.

"A lizard situation?"

Yes. A lizard situation.

(Don't adjust your computer screen, those waves are to signal the flash back.)

After a super slow start to my Saturday due to a 1pm kick off, I pulled weeded the large flower pot on the patio while Nico chased butterflies. It was a great bonding time and well overdue with my guilt near an all time high with all the early morning closing of the door while he sit there with a "don't I get to go look?" combined with all the vet trips. When I realized that the time in my head was the time I need to be there, not leave, I dashed off to take a cold shower...oh yeah. This was day #2 of no hot water. Yes, I should call someone to take a look at that but I'm determined to trouble shoot it on my own...when I have time.

Dressed and make up on (can't have anyone else mistaking me as a 16 year old), I realized I hadn't seen Nico. Eh, no biggie- he's probably outside in his planter soaking up some sun.

Wrong.

As I reached the top of my stairs I saw him staring at the oven. Hmm. Did I drop a piece of eggplant from my pizza? 

Wrong again.

He'd finally captured the lizard that  lived here before either of us and had him pined under his paw. I scooped Nico up and as he wiggled and clawed to the best of his ability, I took him downstairs and threw him in my room. Of course as soon as I removed the cat threat, Mr. Lizard wedged himself between my kitchen cabinet and wall. Crud.

When I made it back up the stairs I was freaked out about a lizard in my kitchen. Icky ick ick. So I took a box (since I have a surplus) and walled off the rest of the kitchen with it and a towel...in hopes that the lizard would use this path through my laundry room out the patio door that is a metal door with lots of openings but can still be deadbolt. Hey, if they use them in nature to prevent road kill, maybe this Italian lizard would get it?

Yes. These are the things that go through my head.

At any rate, it was a great soccer match- the Blue Dragons added another win to their season and they actually applied what we taught them in practice!

When I got home, I was still freaked out by the fact there may be a lizard in my kitchen but I was tired (it was hot in the sun) and crashed on the couch. Nico still doesn't get this nap time but he will one day. When I finally woke up once again Nico was MIA.

Seriously, his collar with a bell needs to arrive ASAP.

After searching downstairs, upstairs, and the roof I heard a little "miao" (remember- he's Italian). Once again going on the roof, I saw him pacing on the neighbor's patio, apparently stuck. With some spider like abilities I got as close as I could to him, but the dork wouldn't jump up on the platform. Then I realized that not only is there a window, but also a door from our main stairwell to this balcony area. I had to un-barricade the door but I rescued him.

As I told a coworker later, who needs the Fire Department? Although...

No comments:

Post a Comment