It never ceases to amaze me just how a little time can often allow things to come together (or fall apart). Now before you all start talking about how long it’s taken me to find a place (I know, really, I know) I’ve got to say I think I deserve a gold star for how fast all of this is moving now.
For those of you not continually being flooded with my Facebook updates, I received fabulous news yesterday- not only was the paint on the walls but overtime was approved to schedule my contract appointment Monday. The lady (I keep missing her name) was super efficient, friendly and she kept calling my cell phone until I picked up (I had to figure out where it was when I finally heard it ringing). When she asked if Monday would work I told her any day before the 25th at any time would work- I just needed to sign that contract! She then told me the Italian expression that basically translates into “blank sheet.” With a few more “ciao bellas” our conversation was done and I was jumping for joy as I scribbled the appointment on my calendar.
No, I’m not in the clear yet. I still need to sign the contract, get utilities switched to my name, figure out which sized appliances I need, contact the warehouse for said appliances, contact the HHG folks to set up delivery, find some volunteers to help me maintain some control of said delivery, get a key, and the major task of unpacking. No I don’t get admin leave for unpacking BUT I really think I can pound it out in a weekend.
Problem is I decided to go to kick off September in France . Well, it’s not really a problem. I’m really excited to visit a new country with a few coworkers for an extended holiday weekend, but I think it means some of my other adventures will need to be put on hold until I’m unpacked. I think that’s totally worth being “grounded” in a beautiful Italian coastal town- don’t you?
Unpacked! Normally I’d think it would be a daunting task but it’s going to be like Christmas and my birthday combined and I’m going to love 99% of what’s unpacked. My long lost treasures, familiar things, and reminders of home will once again be where they belong- with me. And I can’t even begin to tell you how often lately I’ve wanted to open my closet and see a Cal Poly sweatshirt.
~UPDATED AUGUST SCHEDULE~
9Aug: Pre-Contract Signed; prayers answered- inspection in the same week!
12 Aug: Inspection of unit; passed but paint still needed on walls
17 Aug: Work should be done but housing office still closed
18 Aug: Confirmed completion of paining; contract signing scheduled
22 Aug: Contract signing; deposit & first month to be paid (eek!)
TBD: Utility switch over
26 Aug: Move Out of Navy Lodge (so long room 327); Move In to …
No comments:
Post a Comment