Labels

A. Gaudí Adjusting Africa Airports Alberobello Amalfi Coast Ancient Greece Ancient Rome April Arienzo Auschwitz-Birkenau Baia Barcelona Baseball Basilica Cistern Beach Belgium Birthday Blue Mosque Boats Brussels Bucharest Burano CA Calcio Capua Car Horns Carney Park Caserta Casertavecchia Castellabate Castles Cathedral cats Change Christmas Coaching Coffee Community Concentration Camp Cooking Cortona Croatia Crypt Culture Shock Cuma D.C Driving Dublin Duomo Edinburgh Ercolano Fall Family Fan Mail Fasano Fashion Festivals Firenze Fireworks Food France Frustration G.Nome Gaeta Germany Gladiators Goals GPS Grand Bazaar Guest Writer Gym Halloween Hiking Holidays Home House House-hunting Ikea International Travel Ireland Ischia Istanbul Italian Italian Culture Italian History Italian Men Jet lag Job Search Krakow La Sagrada Familia Language Laundry Le Piume Nere Lisbon Lizards Madrid Marathon Marcianise Markets Martina Franca Matera Milestone Minions Moltocino Mondragone Monte Di Procida Montella Montepulciano Mount Vesuvio Moving Murano Museums Naples New Years NPS OCONE Opera Orvieto Ostuni Outside the Wire Parc Güell Paris Pasta Pieza Pizza Poland Portugal Positano Power Outage Pozzo di S. Patrizio Protest Ramblings RAVI Resolutions Romania Rome Rota Royal Palace Running Rynek Museum San Carlo Theater Santa Maria di Leuca Schindler's Factory Scotland Seasons Ships Shoes Shopping Siena Sightseeing Signore Gatto Soccer Solopaca Sorrento Spain Spice Market Spring Strikes Stuttgart TDY Thanksgiving TLA Trains Trieste Trulli TSA Tübingen Turkey Tuscany Uffizi Updates VA VBS Vietri sul Mare Visitors Walking Tour Warrior Dash Whatisit? Whirling Dervishes Wine Work Zagreb Zoosafari Zumba

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Day Three: More than 1/2 Way!

Phew. It's the half way point and I'm feeling like I'm on already tapping into my reserve energy. This morning when my alarm went off and I had to get up to walk across the room to turn it off I swear to you all that I started to sing "Wild About You." Yep. Even at o'way dark thirty I can't escape this song. I guess it's part of being a leader- it takes over but that's when you have the most fun! 

At any rate after one of my oh so famous discussions in my head this morning I realized that I really didn't have the energy to stay up and run. Back to bed I went and continued to sleep...a tad later than I should have. Oh well, I made it to work...eventually. None of us were swamped with work so we had fun chatting in between tasks. I honestly think that my coworker thinks I'm going to be his assistant coach for soccer in the fall. He didn't seem to buy the argument that I need to hang out with people my own age rather than little kids and their parents. In fact my "no baggage" motto was thrown back at me in rebuttal. The work day didn't really fly by but my problematic traveler that I know some of you heard about earlier this week struck again. Of course we didn't know this until 15 minutes before I had to leave and when we couldn't get a hold of him. (Isn't it refreshing to read that this nonsense doesn't only happen at NPS?)
  
Then it was time for VBS. I was ambushed walking across the courtyard by one of the little girls. She could move in her yellow rain boots. No it wasn't raining but she likes her boots.

Apart from a few behavior issues tonight we did well. It's amazing how just by participating with them how many issues can be resolved. For that reason I made a paper person (she's not done yet though since I was still helping the kids), ran anchor for my relay team, had them practice our song while waiting for dinner, had them play "Katie Says" when we had some time to kill, and yes, did the chicken dance during Undignified. It's totally worth it to see them laugh and mimic. My helpers did a good job too but they just don't seem to want to have as much fun. I guess they are saving it all for Friday?
So although I'm super tired and am pretty much resigned to the fact that I'm not going to get any workouts in this week I've decided it's all worth it. When else can I sit by a tree trying to figure out what was wrong with one of the little boys? Turns out he was looking for a bug to take home. When else can I  let the kids eat their Rice Crispy Treat before their nuggets? And you should have seen the looks I got from the adults...don't put dessert on the table with the main meal I was going to do the same thing- the kids just beat me to it.

At any rate, it was another successful night but now it's time to get caught up with real life...like putting away laundry and washing dishes.


"Even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to you." - Psalms 139:12

No comments:

Post a Comment